Discounted tickets are available upon eligible ID presented to the ticket clerk at the time of purchase.
Concessions in a brief, downloadable table format is available here>>
10% discount to all exhibitions:
with partnership cards - Minicard; Show your Card! (for the holder +1 person); citis2go voucher (new)
50% discount to all exhibitions
only for citizens of the European Economic Area (EEA):
- youths aged 6–26.0 years;
- organised student groups arriving from schools located within the EEA (disregarding citizenship), up to 26.0 years of age (from 15 persons extra group discount for temporary exhibitions)
- senior citizens aged 62.0–70.0 years
- one or two adults accompanying two or more family members under 18.0 (only for citizens of the EEA), (except on the third Saturday of the month when the entry is free for them to the permanent exhibitions)
Please note, that discount does not apply to visitors not falling into the above age groups even if in possession of student or senior citizen ID.
Group discount (10 %) to temporary exhibitions: applicable if buying min. 15 fullprice tickets for a group visit. Please register here›› your visit.
Concession group discount (55 %) to temporary exhibitions: applicable if buying min. 15 halfprice tickets for a group visit. Please register here›› your visit.
Please note that free tickets can only be obtained on the day of visit by presenting a proof of entitlement at the ticket desk.
Free admisson to all exhibitions
- children under the age of 6;
- senior citizens over the age of 70 (only for citizens of the European Economic Area);
- disabled visitors* with one attendant;
- teachers employed in elementary or secondary education holding international pedagogue ID (only for citizens of the European Economic Area)
- holders of ICOM and ICOMOS Card;
- holders of Press Card with a photo;
- guides leading a group of at least 10 tourists with the certification of a tourist office;
- members of the Friends of the Hungarian National Gallery;
- all visitors on Hungarian National Holidays (15 March, 20 August, 23 October)
Free admisson only to the permanent exhibitions
- holders of Budepest Card
- on every third Saturday of each month for visitors under 26.0 and for two adults accompanying a family member under 18.0 (only for citizens of the European Economic Area);
* Disabled person: who has serious impairment in his/her sensory organs, arms or legs, communication or mental/psychosocial ability, that significantly limits or prevents his/her participation in normal everyday and social life. (National Law No. XXVI / 1998 4.§ a))